- Tolerance is limiting. It leads to a dead end road. It means that total understanding, respect, and empathy are not possible, because one is not able or is unwilling to embrace that which is different from oneself.
- You'll be amazed at how much better you feel and how much the world opens up to you when you get out of your own way.
- Rejection is unavoidable. If you're "lucky enough" to have yet to experience it, don't worry... It'll happen. It's foolish for any of us to think that we're so good or so untouchable that everything belongs to or is meant for us. Not so.
- Unless you have a plan or recommendations on how to make life as we know it better, STFU! We can be so quick to complain when things don't go the way that we want them to. Complaining is useless. If you want to make a difference, you have to collaborate with those than don't share the same beliefs or ideals as you. By doing that, we can get the change that will benefit everyone—not just you or those like you.
- Sometimes the best opportunities are those that come about by accident or those that we create ourselves. We have to be open to all possibilities.
- Love manifests from within. It's so easy to be led astray when you can't find it within yourself. Stop looking out, and start looking within!
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Weekly Musings on Life, Love, and Politics - Week 4
Without further adieu, here are the latest weekly musings: