Image courtesty of Mandalas by Veeno
It's time for another helping of BuddahDesmond's musings on life, love, and politics. Check 'em out!
- Don't let the world of "NO" sway you on your way to the world of "YES." The break you've been working towards, the opportunity you've been praying for, the chance to SHINE is coming! Hold on!
- There is a fire that burns inside of each of us. It's passionate energy that we can wield in both positive and negative ways. Sometimes we forget about our fire...we forget about the greatness that lies within. And we lose sight of why we're here, what we're fighting for, and what we're ultimately working towards. Don't lose your fire. Be cognizant of it. Be mindful of it. Learn from it. Will it lovingly and admirably. As Sonia Sanchez says, "Catch the fire and burn with eyes that see our souls: WALKING. SINGING. BUILDING. LAUGHING. LEARNING. LOVING. TEACHING. BEING... Catch the fire...and live." (Influences: Sonia Sanchez - Catch The Fire)
- Sometimes things are only complicated and complex because we make them that way. When this happens, it may be best to fall back, breathe, reassess, and look for ways to avoid fortuitous complications. At all costs—keep it simple!
- Only takes a few mini-scandals to divert attention from the real issues plaguing a nation. Depending on the severity, yes—time and resources may be needed to rectify the matters related to a mini-scandal. However, they also seem to give our officials unnecessary reasons to play politics, continue pointing fingers and drag their feet on major issues that they've been neglecting. As some will say, "Any excuse..."
- There's nothing wrong with being meticulous. This trait can do wonders for us (and others) in many personal and professional situations. But this trait backfires when it begins to hinder our progress, especially when working with others. We have to know when it's best to cut our losses and let things fall where they may. We must realize that we cannot afford to let ourselves be ruled or get carried away with the details (all the time).
- When we pamper our passions they will be good to us. Just wait and see!