- While there are times when we won't always be up and happy, it's during the times we're down when we should empower ourselves with hope. If we can't find it within ourselves, look to the inspirational and uplifting journeys of others who made it through. This may be just what we need to hold fast and securely to our hope.
- When our elected officials are unable to compromise on bills that impact the very people they represent and they let their personal interests impact their ability to fight for what's right, you have to wonder who they're really standing for? Do they forget why they're in office? Do they forget they stand for all and not just the people and organizations they keep in their back pockets?
- I have to admit that I've often been caught off guard and amazed by the level of hatred, intolerance, and ignorance expressed in comments to political news articles in the weeks following the election. I probably shouldn't be. But one thing's for sure—this nation is not as progressive as it's oft proclaimed. There's still a long, LONG way to go.
- Loving someone is easy. Maintaining a relationship with them—not so much. What should keep the relationship strong are the very things which brought you together. This, along with the desire and willingness to see the relationship (and each other) prosper and grow.
- Sometimes we have to ask people what they want (outright). Forget the guessing games. If we were mind readers we'd be in a different realm. We're able to proceed confidently when we all have an understanding of the purpose and mission of why we're here. Otherwise it's bullshit. When time and money are at stake, bullshit deserves no seat at the table. Unless it's a bullshit convention, bullshit should never be allowed a seat at any table.
- It's a shame (for others) when you do your best to give people what they want (and then some) and it's still not good enough. No matter how good it is they're never satisfied. What strength and fortitude it takes to deal with this on a regular basis (especially if it's at work or at home). Realize it's not always you, sometimes (or a lot of times) it's them. Just don't let it ruin your confidence or self-esteem. Don't let it change you. Don't let it stress you out. It's all part of the process of learning how to work and deal with people.
My many fascinations, passions, and thoughts on everything from music and entertainment to life, love, relationships, and social issues. Anything goes in BuddahDesmond's Place. Enjoy!
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Weekly Musings on Life, Love, and Politics - Week 6
Let's get right to it...the latest weekly musings!
Posted by BuddahDesmond at 3:57 AM
Labels: Life, Love, Politics, Weekly Musings
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment