Wednesday, October 03, 2012

101 Days Project: Music Tributes & Reviews

As those who read my blog know, music has always played an immense role in my life.  I feel irregular when I don't hear it, feel it, sing along to it, or speak about it.  The 101 Days Project has given me the opportunity to write about music on a more consistent basis.  I've written a series of tributes/homages and reviews of artists I feel are/were representations of artistry at its best... Artists whose contributions to music come from a place that's so much deeper than what you hear and see on the surface... Artists who touch your heart and soul and can move you with a single line, a simple movement or gesture, or the slightest bend or shade of a note.  I truly believe music is the universal language of life (and love is the nourishment our lifeforce needs to survive).  I plan to share more about my love of music and those who I feel are using it not only to make us groove but to bring us together and tell our stories. 

Check out the following music tributes and reviews featured in the 101 Days Project:
  1. (Day 78) Donna Summer - Tribute to a Bad Girl
  2. (Day 71) Nothin' But Love for Whitney Houston
  3. (Day 74) For Amy (My Tribute to Amy Winehouse)
  4. (Day 67) Remembering Luther Vandross
  5. (Day 93) RIP Chris Lighty
  6. (Day 100) Aaliyah - Tribute to a Princess
  7. (Day 66) Happy Birthday Phyllis Hyman!
  8. (Day 91) Happy Birthday Michael Joseph Jackson
  9. (Day 73) Happy Belated Birthday Millie Jackson
  10. (Day 69) Angela Bofill
  11. (Day 77) Lisa Stansfield - The Real Thing
  12. (Day 76) Chanté Moore Live - Love's Taken Over (Again)
  13. (Day 101) Teedra Moses, The Lioness Live in DC
  14. (Day 40) Just Jill: Words & Sounds Live
Other 101 Days Project music posts:
  1. (Day 90) Kindred The Family Soul - Sticking With You
  2. (Day 88) Alicia Keys, A Girl On Fire
  3. (Day 38) Adriana Evans - Walking With The Night
  4. (Day 16) Round Midnight: A Tribute to My Great-Grandpa
  5. (Day 9) Rihanna - Rated R
  6. (Day 8) Melanie Fiona - The Bridge
  7. (Day 7) Sade - Soldier Of Love
  8. (Day 6) Chrisette Michele - One of This Generation's Best Vocalists
  9. (Day 3) Lady GaGa's Latest - Bad Romance
  10. (Day 2) Autumn Leaves - Everything Must Change
  11. (Day 1) MJ's This Is It

No comments: