One of my biggest accomplishments this year has been the release of my first book Prevail: Poems on Life, Love, and Politics. Prevail was self-published through iUniverse and released the summer of 2012. Prevail is an eye-opening collection of poetry inspired by personal experiences, history, culture, and social issues of the last 10 or 12 years. Varying in subject matter, voice, and tone, this work touches on the ups and downs, highs and lows, trials and tribulations, and the many facets of life, love, and politics during this time period. With a style that is, at times, proselike, unconventional, raw, and in-your-face, Prevail seeks to offer an underlying message of strength, persistence, and triumph.
The feedback on Prevail has been quite positive, thus far. There's nothing like sharing your work and seeing it have an impact and connect with others. Nothing can describe the feeling.
I've shared a number of poems from Prevail on my blog and some other posts related to promotional opportunities for the book. If you haven't had the chance to check them out, please do.
Remember, no matter happens in this life--we must PREVAIL!
- Announcing the Release of My First Book - Prevail
- Day 86: Gone Too Soon (from Prevail)
- Day 75: Flash In The Pan
- Day 72: Prevail (Title Poem)
- I'll Be Appearing at OutWrite 2012 in DC
- Day 79: OutWrite 2012 Was a Success
- 5 Minutes, 5 Questions With... BuddahDesmond on JoeyPinkney.com
- I'll Never Understand
- Past, Present, and Future
- When Hate Kills
- Luther Is Love (A Tribute to Luther Vandross)
- The P/H Factor - Phyllis Hyman: Tribute to a Sophisticated Lady
Post a Comment