Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 83: Can't Make You Try

You can't even give a little bit.
You won't even try.
You fail to do anything that you think is going to challenge your ego.
You're afraid of compromise for fear of losing yourself.
God forbid you should ever have to change.
But compromise is the key to keeping the scales in relationships balanced.
You can't be the tyrannical controller and think you won't get checked,
or think that I'm just supposed to go along with it.

You shouldn't have to brand yourself differently to make our relationship work.
We have to accept each other as we are;
Else, our problems are much larger than we both can see.
I'm willing to make it work,

But if you aren't—there’s nothing I can do to make you save our union.
It's better to be selfish when you're alone.
And we both know we can do better than that.

So if by now you haven't changed your mind,
then consider these parting words:
Can't deny I won't be sad,
but I'll get over it; 
and you will too.
I'll just wish you well
And I sincerely hope and pray that you find whatever you've been looking for
Cause it obviously isn't with me.
 

No comments: