Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 1: MJ's This Is It

My bf and I had the privilege of seeing This Is It last month. I have to say that this was one of the best movies I've seen this year. I left with an even greater appreciation for the man behind the music. I had no idea what to expect. I didn't know if it was going to be documentary, a performance film, or a combination of both. It turned out to be a spectacular combination of both. The film told the story of how Michael Jackson and his tour crew prepared for the This Is It shows in London. From the rehearsal of the first song "Wanna Be Startin' Something" to the final, moving performance of the spine-chilling "Man In The Mirror," it was clear to see that Michael Jackson was just as bad as he was in his younger years. Anyone who wondered whether he still had it (not me) would be floored by what they saw. The artistry, the moves, the voice, the stage presence were just as strong as ever. That's the thing about true talent. It never leaves. It never goes away. Regardless of what happened, there's nothing that could take away what was inside of him. And you could eerily feel his presenceso strongwhile watching the film. I cried at least 5 times while watching his performances. Almost didn't think I was going to make it through the film because it was such an emotional experience. Michael Jackson was true genius. He's still missed. With films like This Is It, his legacy will continue to live on.

No comments: