- I was really psyched about seeing Beyonce on tour - until I found out how much the tickets were. I just can't bring myself to pay $100+ for the nosebleed section at the Verizon Center. Plus, I'm in debt payoff mode and saving for new furniture and vacation. I had to prioritize. Looks like Bey will have to wait. I can catch the I AM.... Tour on DVD. I know, I know - it's not the same.... But financial stability (and maintaining it) is more important.
- My boyfriend and I saw the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie Friday night. We loved it! The plot, the acting, the special effects, cinematography - all top notch! I have to admit I thought this was much better than X-Men 3....
- Well, the media is up to its old tricks again - fear mongering.... And you should already know what I'm referring to when I say.... The coverage of the swine flu. Living in fear - didn't we get tired of this under the Bush Administration? Has anyone learned anything yet? Being afraid is not going to help us get over this pandemic any sooner. We need to be prudent and do our best to safeguard ourselves. We have to be a little smarter about this folks.... And looking to the media is not always the answer....
- And is there anything else to report on other than Miss California's viewpoints on marriage? It's overkill at this point. Who care? This is America. Everyone can say or feel what they want. The problem comes in when you are browbeating others into thinking, feeling, and believing the same way. I have no problem with her viewpoints. I don't agree with them but it's not stopping me from believing what I believe or how I'm living my life. (See my post On Marriage for more.)
- There are certain things that shouldn't be discussed at work. Politics, sex, religion, certain aspects of relationships.... I could go on and on. You usually have discussions about this at orientation and get documentation from HR regarding this.... But people do it anyway. You need to however, be very careful because you never know who is listening and who might be offended by what is said regarding any of the topics listed above. Oh the conversations that I've heard - it's mind boggling. Thank god I can tune things out with music.... It's been my saving grace many-a-day.
- It's amazing how deep connections can be between friends. It doesn't matter what happens, the distance between you, how often you see or speak to each other - there's something that just keeps you linked. You can pick up where you left off with ease. You remain each other's constant supporters. I've noticed this so often with my closest friends. It's truly a great thing!
- I have ongoing issues with mainstream music. I'm not sure when or where everything went amok but very little seems to fascinate me. As I get older, I seem to fall in love more and more with "grown folks music". Music that not only sounds good but has a purpose. It makes you think, feel, laugh, cry, dance.... It's real, never contrived. It doesn't follow trends and isn't derived from some tired, ole formula. It's art. And it's obvious when listening and seeing artists perform that they do it for the love of music and not for the money.
- I'm looking forward to hearing Chrisette Michele's new album, Epiphany, to be released this Tuesday, May 5th. Her debut was one of 2007's best R&B/Soul releases. And I expect nothing but great music on the new release. I can't stop playing "Epiphany" and "What You Do". And I just heard "Blame It On Me" on Saturday (and that may become a new favorite as well).
- Can you believe it - Maxwell has new music coming out? The first part of his trilogy BLACKsummers'night will be released on July 7th. The first single "Pretty Wings" is a masterpiece. It's classic Maxwell and a welcomed addition to keep in rotation. It's been 8 years since his last studio album. If "Pretty Wings" is any indication - it'll be well worth the wait.
- I'm really looking forward to the summer. Being able to catch up on my reading. Hanging out with friends and family. Going to concerts and other events. The beach. Vacation. And spending quality time with my baby.... :)
- After a long break, I'll be heading back to the gym. I paid for a new membership at Bally's this Saturday (great deal by the way - $29.99 a month/no initiation fee). I'll be working out at least 3 days a week. I've lost about 8-10 pounds without working out. It's now time to up the ante. The goal is to be healthier and stronger. Gotta make life changes and stick to them.
My many fascinations, passions, and thoughts on everything from music and entertainment to life, love, relationships, and social issues. Anything goes in BuddahDesmond's Place. Enjoy!
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Posted by BuddahDesmond at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment