Image courtesy of the IISC Blog.
Greetings! Hope everyone is well. Here's the latest batch of weekly musings on life, love, and politics:
- What's on the surface can fool you... For it may be in stark contrast with what lies beneath.
- There's a rare breed of folk who are unresponsive to "normal" methods of communication. You have to get down to their level to truly reach them. Sometimes this involves getting out of character, i.e. being overly aggressive, shouting, cussing, and carrying on... In all honesty, isn't it a shame if you have do all of this to reach common ground with others?
- Give people and things a chance. Don't be so quick to give up on them before they've had the opportunity to prove you wrong. Let the judgment go. Give in a little, you just might be surprised.
- If you can't find the hero within, the chances are minimal that you'll find the hero anywhere else.
- The heart is resilient. It can overcome anything. But not when we put roadblocks in its path to healing. Release the pain and let your heart lead the way.
- A country can't call itself "land of the free" when all of it's people aren't free. A country's failed itself and its people when conditions are put on human rights or when they are not granted or available to all. Granting these rights to some but not all further perpetuates inequality, injustice, and inferiority, and blocks any chances of real progress.