"Cracking the Harmony" courtesy of Exper Giovanni Rubaltelli
Greetings! It's been several weeks since my last Weekly Musings update. My apologies. I was intending to get one up a little sooner but had to focus my energies on other projects. But I'm at the point where a few of these musings have been marinating for awhile and they needed to be shared. Some of them were inspired by a few episodes of Super Soul Sunday on OWN.
- If your eyes are open, if your heart is open and warm—love is never too hard to find. Even if your heart is cold, just a little love might be all you need to renew your faith. Love is everywhere. As Adriana Evans sang, "Love is all around."
- When I think back to hearing the word "harmony," the context (outside of music) usually involved unity amongst people or accord within the environment. It was rare that harmony was ever mentioned when referring to the individual. The focus was/is too often on being in harmony with everything outside of ourselves. While this is important, harmony within—a sense of tranquility, calm, and peace—is just as much if not more so important. As Panache Desai said, "There is no greater power than to be in harmony within oneself." Cherish the harmony within as you would cherish your joy. Stay in tune with it!
- I thought we lived in a free state. Isn't this the land where people come to live their lives the best way they see fit? You know, the place where you can be anything and do anything? The place where you are free to practice whatever religion you like without persecution? A place where people of different political persuasions, race, gender, and sexual orientation can come together and live freely? Each time I turn on the news, read the paper, or go online I feel the notion of this nation being a "free state" is the biggest farce known to man. So much hate. So much intolerance. Forget acceptance. Forget civility. Forget unity. Even tolerance is but a dream. The ultimate pot stirrer is the abominable bond between religion and politics. It's a marriage in need of a long overdue divorce. Maybe when religion and politics distance themselves the "free state" will return...
- Guarantees—are there any? The one that always rings true is that there aren't any guarantees in this life. With every fleeting moment, hopefully we're living our lives to the fullest extent. Hopefully we're honoring our spirits. Hopefully we're doing all that we can to make our souls smile, run, and jump with glee. We owe it to ourselves to live our best lives. If a moment comes when we find we aren't being true to the essence of our being, then it's time to turn the volume up. This life is the only life we have. So let's LIVE IT OUT LOUD!
- The only validation a relationship needs is the validation of the two people who are in it. When you truly love each other, it matters not what others say or think. It's what the unit thinks and feels. While others may not agree with it or condone it, they must respect it.
- Equality is when all members of society can enjoy the same rights and privileges without exceptions, exclusions, or conditions. As Jill Scott said, "Equality does not equal equal if it's not divided equally."